Sunday, May 6, 2012

Sunday Morning Prayer

Father, I pray that when we gather as a church this morning you would increase our assurance of your love in the gospel. I pray that the Holy Spirit would renew our sense of adoption, secured by the death of our savior and your electing grace.  Lord Jesus, I pray that you would be with us as we gather in your name.  I pray that you would speak to us as we hear the Word proclaimed. I pray for any in our meeting that do not know you, that you would declare your Word of life to their souls and cause them to rise.  Holy Spirit, I ask that you would glorify the Lord Jesus among us, though song, and prayer, and Word, and Communion.  This morning, we will be hearing the story of the passover, and reflecting on the glorious news that we have been passed over and no longer fear God's judgement. Thank you for saving us and gathering us together to glorify your name, Father, Son, Spirit--our One, perfect, holy, awesome God.