Saturday, January 11, 2014

Praying for the Word

I hope there are many Christians praying for the preaching of God's Word.  I hope that many pastors laboring in their studies are being upheld by faithful Christians laboring in prayer.  I hope that many believers are exhibiting believing prayer about the power of God's Word unleashed on the souls of each congregation.  I hope there are many faithful intercessors asking heaven to convert sinners, comfort the downcast, correct the rebellious, and inspire the discouraged.  I pray that God's people are seeking his face so that they may see him by faith when the Word is proclaimed. 

Be among us as we gather around your Word, God of power and mercy.  Show us your truth and your grace, shine on us with your heavenly light.  Reveal your majestic character and descend upon us in your Spirit.  Magnify the Savior in our eyes of faith and make us long the more to be with you.