Thursday, March 15, 2012

Like A Child


Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3

Lord, make me more like a child today. Make me less cynical and more hopeful. Make me more eager to ask you for impossible things and more excited to be with you. Make me look forward to the next adventure that you have planned for me. Make me less aware of cultural "expectations" and more passionate about your gaze. Help me to live a "watch me, Daddy!" life--where my thoughts are always focused on your thoughts. Help me to believe you'll always catch me, that you always know the answers, that you're the strongest, smartest, best person in the whole world.

Make me more like a child today so that I can glory in calling you Father.